A Snowflake virtual data warehouse can be accessed from any of the following:
- The Snowflake web interface
- The Snowflake command-line client SnowSQL
- A client connected via JDBC or ODBC
- Google Chrome recommended.
- Other browsers have not been thoroughly tested and may be incompatible with Snowflake’s browser-based user interface. (Some parts of the UI do not currently work well in Firefox and Internet Explorer, for example.)
- Snowflake provides a command-line client, SnowSQL, for connecting to Snowflake. SnowSQL can be downloaded from the “Help” tab in the Snowflake web interface.
- Other JDBC clients may work but have not been tested by Snowflake.
Requirements for support of the Snowflake command-line client and ODBC/JDBC connections.
- 64-bit Windows, Mac OS, and Redhat Linux-compatible operating systems are known to be compatible with Snowflake’s sfsql command-line client.
- Other operating systems have not been tested at this time and may not be compatible with the supported Snowflake client.
- Java 1.7 installed